Guided tours and visitor info
Welcome to Scandinavia’s biggest public art biennial. We offer open and private guided tours, as well as art activities for children and young people throughout the entire duration of OpenART 2015.
Exhibition maps are available at OpenART Office, OpenART InfoKUB, Örebro County Museum, Vågen VideoRUM, Krämaren KonstRUM, Oscar C KonstRUM, Örebro Art Gallery.
Download our Map – OpenART Map 2015
Monday – Friday, 11:00 – 18:00 | Saturday – Sunday, 11:00 – 17:00. Address: Stortorget, vis-à-vis Nicolai Church, Örebro
Örebro Art Gallery
Monday – Sunday, 11:00 – 17:00. Address: 17 Olaigatan, Örebro
Örebro County Museum
Monday – Sunday, 11:00 – 17:00. Address: 3 Engelbrektsgatan, Örebro
Monday – Friday, 11:00 – 18:00 | Saturday – Sunday: 12:00 – 16:00. Address: 21 Köpmangatan, Örebro
Monday – Friday, 11:00 – 18:00 | Saturday – Sunday: 12:00 – 16:00. Address: 29 Drottninggatan, Örebro
Oscar C KonstRUM
Monday – Friday, 11:00 – 18:00 | Saturday – Sunday: 12:00 – 16:00. Address: 9 Köpmangatan, Örebro
Inner yard Örebro Castle (Borggården)
Monday – Sunday, 10.00 – 17.00
Open guided tours | June 16 – September 6
- Adult – 60 SEK (incl. fees). Children and young people up till 18 years – free (tickets must be booked)
- June 16 – August 16: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, 16:00 -17:00 (with the exception of Midsummer Day)
- August 17 – September 6: Saturdays and Sundays, 15:00 – 16:00
- Sign language guided tour: August 29, 15:00 – 16:00
- Guided tour with audio interpreter: September 3, 17:00 – 18:00
- Guided tours in English, German, Arabic, Farsi can be organized upon request. We also offer guided tours in sign language. Register your request at email@example.com
The tour starts at the Tourist Office at Örebro Castle. Tickets can be purchased via ticnet.se, at Örebrokompaniet (2 Olof Palmes Torg, tel. 019-21 21:21) or at the Tourist Office at the Örebro Castle.
Private guided tours | June 15 to September 6
- Business – 1800 SEK (excl. VAT)
- Non-governmental and non-profit organizations – 600 SEK (excl. VAT)
- Private groups – 1800 SEK (incl. VAT)
- Weekends and evenings after 18 hrs
- Business – 3500 SEK (excl. VAT)
- Non-governmental and non-profit organizations – 1000 SEK (excl. VAT)
- Private groups – 1800 SEK (incl. VAT)
The tours start in Stortorget. Recommended number of participants per group: maximum 20 people. Send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner tours | June 15 to September 6
- Partner tours are held throughout the entire duration of the exhibition period
For booking and information contact Elin Persson, email@example.com, tel. 019-21 46 43
OpenART Kids: Family tours, creative workshops, go-yourself kits, art walks | June 16 to September 4
- June 14 – September 6: Wednesdays and Saturdays, 15:00 -16: 30, for children accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for children aged 5 – 13 years
Family Tours start at Örebro art gallery and end in the creative workshop at Örebro County Museum. Tickets can be collected starting 11:00 hrs at the Örebro art gallery the day of the tour. First come first served. Note: limited group capacity / tour
Open creative workshop at Örebro County Museum
- All weekends during the exhibition period (June 16 – September 4) and the whole month of July
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 16:00
Self-guiding kits (families with children)
At the Örebro County Museum, you can borrow backpacks with exciting content for you and your children to explore art in a fun way together.
- June 16 – September 6
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 17:00
- Suitable for children in all ages
Guided tours for kindergartens and schools
- June 16 – September 5
- Educational programs for children & young people aged 4 – 19 years
- The program takes up to 90 minutes
- Free of charge for schools in Örebro County
Guided tour starts at Örebro art gallery and ends at Örebro County Museum. Pre-booking is required via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 019-214896. First come first served. Note: limited group capacity / tour.
Family tours in sign language
- August 12, 15:00 – 16:30
- August 15, 15:00 – 16:30
Family tours with audio interpreter
- September 5, 13:00 – 14:30
The sign language and audio tours are organized in cooperation with ABF.
Tourist in Örebro
During the summer of 2015 there are fantastic opportunities to experience Örebro. In 2015, Örebro turns 750, which is celebrated, among others, with exciting art experiences and the special anniversary week, Jubileumsveckan, August 10 – August 15. If you’d like to know more about what you can do in Örebro, check out orebrotown.se or visit the city’s tourist office (3 Olof Palmes Torg or Örebro Castle).
If you need accommodation, there is a large variety of options and price ranges. You can choose between hotels, lodges or hostels here.